mardi 12 mars 2013

New York, day 12



I could not have imagined a more perfect birthday. A rainy Tuesday that started at Ladurée choosing macarons (rose petal, Marie Antoinette, fleur d’oranger, coffee, pistachio, raspberry) and finished at Rockefeller Center in the audience of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. How lucky is it that I just happened to get tickets for Timberweek? The whole time I was watching him perform I was having flashbacks of my nine-year-old self listening to *N Sync on my CD player on the bus home from school (hoping the batteries didn’t die). As a child I never tried to imagine myself at twenty-two, but if I did, none of this was even remotely in my consciousness. Today was better than anything I could have dreamed. It would have been more than enough just to wake up in Manhattan on my birthday, but somehow I got so much more. I am so grateful.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire